EMC and RF Test Equipment Calibration and Repair Technician/Manager - Sacramento, CA
EMC and RF Test Equipment Calibration and Repair Technician/Manager
The EMC Shop is a fast-growing startup, doubling in size each of it’s three years in business. We are a distributor of test equipment for product certification and have unique knowledge/specialties including automotive EMC, Lightning testing, MIL, DO-160, OTA and Intentional Radiator testing. A majority of our inventory includes transient generators from Teseq, EM Test, Haefely, Keytek while the remainder is RF test equipment including Signal Generators, Amplifiers and niche items like LISN’s, CDN’s and RF Current probes.
Our technical capability is FAR from where we want to be, which is an ISO 17025 accredited lab. Right now, we are still developing calibration procedures. We need someone who can regularly focus on the test equipment coming and going out to ensure all products in inventory are calibrated, fully functional and accessorized.
The company is 7 employees and myself (owner) – training will be minimal, but we will invest resources into tools, introduce you to industry partners and outsource repairs/help when appropriate.
Compensation will be based on experience. At that 90 day point we offer Health Insurance with Vision, Dental and Life, PTO (and 50% Gym Membership at Cal Fit). Private equity may be offered and discussed during the hiring process.
- Perform calibrations, adjustments, and basic repairs
- Identify missing accessories and ensure they are replaced
- Evaluate and repair any non-functioning equipment
- Maintain a list of all in service instruments with dates put in, status and action being taken to get Fleet Ready.
- Develop calibration procedures when needed
- Support the rest of the team with whatever other experience you bring to the table
- Possible customer visits within North America may be needed depending on circumstances
- Minimum four years’ experience in test equipment calibration and repair
- Ability to troubleshoot with minimal or no documentation
- Good Communication Skills – Working with Manufacturers Technicians will be Regular
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Ability to Critically Think, Find Answers and Deliver